Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

Happy Thanksgiving to all. We are very lucky that this Thanksgiving our family is together and we will be heading home to Denver tomorrow night from Kenya. The US embassy was amazing with our paperwork, finished it in a weeks time and we got the kids Visas in one day and can't wait to board that plane leaving Nairobi tomorrow night as a family, YIPEEEEE!!!!! We land in Denver on Saturday later in the afternoon and Jalena is getting the biggest birthday present ever, to become a US CITIZEN the minute we land! We of course didn't want to leave Kenya without doing some entertaining and a big bash, so for Jalena's sixth birthday we are having a party of 70, kids and adults at her favorite Chinese Restaurant. It should be a blast and will wear the kids out so when they sit down in their seats on that plane they just want to pass out for the nine hour flight to London.

We hope you are all well this Thanksgiving and we look forward to seeing you all again sometime VERY soon!

Katie, Josh, Jalena and David

4 comments:

Jodi said...

Yay!!! We're so excited for you guys! Have a safe trip home.
xoxo,
Jodi and Neil

Me said...

I'm so excited that you are coming home! I can't wait to see you and meet your little ones. Have a safe trip home! Lalena

Mandi Slusarski Phillips said...

YAY!!! Am tearful right now that you guys are finally coming home! Have safe travels and CANNOT wait to see you all very soon!!!

Julie Costanzo said...

I just asked Colleen about your status and she told me the news and the blog name. I'm SOOOOO happy for you guys! I've been wondering what was going on and I'm thrilled to hear that this story has a happy ending.
Happy Holidays Rubin family!