It has rained once in the last two months and we are in dire need of water here in Kenya. It is the worst drought in 40 years and many crops are dying, which is causing hunger and starvation throughout the country. Grass has dried up all over the countryside and there are tons of livestock not doing well either due to the drought. We had a huge rain the other night, but it was not nearly enough to make up for the lack of rain we have had in the last six months.
We of course are having some issues with water in the apartment as well, which is nothing new and I hate to complain about it since people are going hungry here due to the lack of water. As I am writing this our grounds keeper and house help just flooded the kids bathroom with water from the bathroom sink line to fix the air leak in our water line that is causing us to have no water. Talk about waste! They keep telling me they have it under control as water is going everywhere and I have no control. Leaving that one up to them.
My mom is at Jalena's school today helping the one special ed teacher for the day. The special ed teacher is Eunice and she wanted to pick Peg's brain for ideas on how to work with special ed kids in a more constructive way. Pegs jumped right in and will spend the day there and then tomorrow she will be coming with me to LOVE SHACK to volunteer with me in the shop. Jalena finishes school on Thursday and David finishes Friday and she already has lesson plans lined up for daily activites for Jalena. We are staying as busy as ever and got to run now to meet our guardian.
Here are some more pictures for you to take a peek at. Pictures from horse riding at Karen Riding School, the morning after our big storm, so everyone got to wear their wellies and then a trip to Kazuri Beads in Karen, where David and Jalena gave Nana a tour of the bead making factory and Mommy finally got to join in as well.
Hope you enjoy, more to come.
Lots of love,
Katie, Jalena, David and Nana
1 comment:
I want you to know that I look at your Blog all the time and follow your quest. I bet you are having so much fun with your mom and mia there. At least you can get some sleep. I assume josh is already gone back to denver.
Thoughts are always with you and the kids.
live from the beaches of CA
kelley
Post a Comment