Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Down in the Dumps!

I think I am going to make a batch of brownies now. We found out that our next court date is not until November 27th, the day after Thanksgiving and the day before Jalena's 6th birthday. The two judges that were removed from the family courts were rotated to a different division. Now two new judges will enter the family division, but since they already had commitments made at earlier dates for Sept and Oct all the adoption cases are being pushed really far back at this point. Our attorney is going to petition again in a week for medical urgency, but he didn't seem very hopeful at this point. The other bad news is that these two new judges mandate three court dates, which could mean I am here through Christmas as well, we will have no idea on that until a few months down the road. So, it means I am here, plus I need to move apartments since our land lady wants to move back in, so I will start my apartment hunt again tomorrow and we are also looking to switch Jalena to a different school. She is just not getting the attention she needs at the school she is at, plus it is a bit more religious than we would like.

Hope you are all well.

Katie, Jalena and David

2 comments:

britten said...

Katie -- I'm sorry that you just hit another road block! I'm thinking of you and the kids waaaay over there in Kenya. Good luck!

Steph said...

Katie- We saw Josh on Saturday and he also told us about these unfortunate setbacks. We're all waiting excitedly to meet your little ones and are thinking of you all. Steph Spier