Friday, May 15, 2009

A Busy Week

I think David's favorite part of the day aside from his cake of course was his Superman singing card from Uncle Andy. Jalena got a Tina Turner, "Simply the Best" singing card as well and the two of them are still opening them everyday and dancing to them.

David surrounded by women for his birthday. All these little girls like in our apartment complex, there are some boys, but they were not available to come over.
David trying to share his cupcake, not exactly!

After this photo was taken David wacked half the cupcakes off the tray onto his highchair tray
Hmmm, what is the best way that I can get all of these to myself and not have to share any???

David giving Sissy a big kiss while she was getting beautified for picture day

Penny having the patience of a saint to do a new hair style every week in Jalena's hair

Mommy had just braved the monsoon outside after work to ocme home to clean kiddos, David was not too happy to be smiling in this picture, but he does love his new tambourene that Mommy got him at LOVE SHACK for 2 dollars
Mommy and Jalena all smiles

Mommy and Jalena dancing the night away!

So sorry for not posting until Friday, we had a big week here in Nairobi. Mommy went to her second day of work which ended in a Monsoon, David turned 2, Jalena had picture day at school and we have a full weekend of fun planned ahead of us still and David is coming down with a cold. The rainy season has come very late here in Kenya, I think I have mentioned that in the past, but it is still raining every afternoon and this week the rains have been like monsoons and all the kids are getting sick.

I finally made my way out to Tumaini, an amazing Children's home in a small village about 30 -40km from the where we live this week. I barely made it with my little Toyota Spacio, but I did get there and the driver I brought with me, so I could find the home was pretty impressed with my driving skills. He could not believe that we did not have muddy dirt roads everywhere in the States based on how well I handled them. Check out their website, www.tumainiministries.org I first visited the home in 2006 when I first came to Kenya and then went back again in 2007 and Josh and I have just fallen in love with what they are doing there with the kids. Eunice, the founder and director has spent many years in the states and lived in NJ and CO for quite some time, so I feel very connected to her. A few different churches in the Denver area support the home. I am heading out there on Sunday with the kids. First so Eunice can meet them and then second so I can run some Teen counseling sessions with some of the kids. Our little ones will get to run around the grounds there, which are wonderful and play with rabbits, chickens, cows, pigs and just get down and dirty in the mud, which I am looking forward to. David loves dirt and mud and splashing around in his rain boots and Jalena cannot get enough time in with animals, so it will be perfect for both of them, plus just being with all the other kids will exhaust them!

I am doing well, thought I was handling everything really well early in the week and by the end of the week I have just broken down a bit. Just getting down a bit on not having Josh here with me, needing time away from this very crazy city and just wishing I could really talk to some of the people here. You can talk, however you can't really talk about the adoption and most of them have no idea of what you are going through being seperated from your spouse and alone in a foreign country trying to adjust to life with two kids, so oh well, grinning and bearing it for now, no other real choice. We are hoping to get away next weekend, so that will be a nice change in scenery and pace!

No comments: