Monday, April 20, 2009
Update Finally from Mama Jalena
So sorry it has taken me so long to do a post. Baba Jalena made his way home to Colorado after many long, sad, but hopeful goodbyes that he will return in July. We are hoping for a court date in July, but by no means does that mean one will happen. The courts go on holiday from July 30th to August 30th, so if we don't see Baba in July, it will mean we will not see him until September, so we are hoping for the very best! Mommy got sick as soon as Daddy left, no more taking turns getting a nap in during the day. David does not sleep at all at night so, we would take turns taking naps in the am after being up with him most of the night. Last night, I have to say David was even on my back at one point for a good hour sleeping, feet in my face at another point and even a finger up my nose at another point. Ahhhh, the joys of sleeping in bed with your two your old, or should I say not sleeping while your child kind of is sleeping.
Today was also the day that I learned you can not talk on a cell phone while driving in Nairobi. You might say I am crazy, but I was on a strait away and was doing just fine without too much traffic. Well, a traffic police man found me, pulled me over and told me that I should now give him something. You would think if they were asking for a bribe, they would be somewhat subtle about it, but nope, flat out, told me now it was my turn to give him something. I told him I thought that was very wrong and if there was no talking on cell phones, maybe they should post a sign stating that for the foreigners who were driving in their country, he basically laughed in my face and said, "ha ha, now you are in Kenya, we have no signs." I told him I was here adopting, gave him a bit of a sob story and he let me go." I have talked my way out of tickets in the US, but never thought it would work here. But, now (Yes Mom) I have learned my lesson, I will not talk on my cell phone while driving and hopefully not be harassed by cops here anymore.
Other than that, not much new is going on here except camp in the mornings for Jalena at her teachers house while school is on break, and lots of play time in the pool and at Amani. Tomorrow we are going to go to the animal orphanage, basically it is a zoo and you can pet many of the animals. Trying to meet some new people as well, so hoping that works out. I have a mom group on Wednesday morning, hopefully this time some others show up for it since last time no one showed up. Thinking of taking the kids to the beach next week for a little get away before school starts back up again. Waiting for some more research on that one from our good friend Pauline.
I am going to upload some random photos from the last few weeks, hope you enjoy! Miss you all lots and hope everyone is well! Happy Belated Easter, some photos from after church and then during our Easter Egg Hunt. Sorry they are a bit out of order!
PS, just thought of a few other things that were too funny, I had to post them. I told Jalena the other day that Nana was a principal......well, her response was," Aiya, (Swahili for oh no) the principal is the one who beats all the students." There was then a very long discussion of how Nana does not beat anyone and that in America in the schools no one gets beat. There is no cello taping mouths shut and there is no beating with bamboo sticks, Jalena was very relieved and of course she loves talking to Nana all the time, so she just could not imagine Nana being this horrible person that beat children!
We also just hung up the phone with Daddy and David was looking at the background on the computer which is a picture of Mommy and Daddy, and he thought Daddy was right there in front of him, so kissed the computer screen every time he called out Daddy and Josh answered, Yes! David misses Daddy tons as does Jalena, but every time a car pulls up, David says, "Daddy?" Then Jalena explains that Daddy had to go back to work in America, she is being a great big sister.
More photos to come..........
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment