Yesterday we decided we needed to get out and I really needed David to sleep. It has not been in the 80's for a bit, more like high 70's and the swimming pool in our complex is not heated and quite freezing, it feels fine when it is warm, but I didn't want the kids freezing and wanting to get out after five minutes, so we headed to the Serena. Yes, they are a bit spoiled going there. For those of you who don't know, the Serena is one of the five star hotels in town, it is a chain here, I belong to the gym there because they have a very large pool and one of the only heated swimming pools in Nairobi and I wanted to be able to swim laps all the time. It is an absurd amount to be able to bring the kids there, but I was desperate for some sleep, so I was willing to spend some extra cash. David is totally fearless when it comes to the water, but Jalena loves the kiddie pool, but it quite afraid of being in deep water and does not really listen to anyone when it comes to relaxing in the water, so we have had a very difficult time getting her to lie on her back to learn to float and also holding on to the wall or mommy and daddy to learn how to kick. Usually if you explain the importance of something to her, she is more than willing to try, however swimming is not one of those things she is rational about at all yet. We know it will come with time, so we are being very patient. It was a big day for her at Serena though. They have a great kiddie pool as well where the water is not even up to Mommy's knees, so it relaxed Jalena quite a bit. And just to update you, it was the first night that David slept the entire night through, YEAHHHHHH!!!!!
Tomorrow we are starting our Yard Sale, so that should be interesting and super busy. Last year when I was here I rented an unfurnished apartment and furnished the whole thing, so now I am selling almost all of it over the next few days in hopes of making some of the money back. I posted an add on the moms group that I am part of here, and already have had great interest in many things, so that should be very helpful with moving things forward!!!
Friday is a public holiday here as well, Labor Day, I think, it seems they come up with a new holiday every week! If all goes well tomorrow, then hopefully we will be able to have fun and catch up with some friends that we met back in the summer of 07 who work for USAID and also adopted from New Life and have a little girl just a few months older than David. We have a birthday party on Sunday for another little girl and then Monday David starts preschool and Jalena goes back on Tuesday! It sounds like sleep may be coming in all directions!!!!!!
Here are a few pics from swimming with the kids, hope you enjoy!!!
Mama Jalena
No comments:
Post a Comment